Junior System Administrator
We are looking for a new resource to be included within the IT Department as a Junior System Administrator
The ideal candidate must have approx. 2 years’ experience with provisioning, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly.
You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Install and configure software and hardware;
- Manage network servers and technology tools;
- Set up accounts and workstations;
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements;
- Troubleshoot issues and outages;
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls;
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models;
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies;
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies.
- Operative system UNIX;
- MS AD + Windows Server;
- Apache Webserver + Tomcat Application Server;
- DBMS SQL Server, MySQL, Elastic Search, MongoDB;
- English level B2
- VMware ESX;
- Google Cloud Platform / Amazon AWS;
- REST/SOAP web service architectures;
- Software development WEB J2EE Spring.
What we can offer:
Salary based on experience